Announcing the 2020 Cor Deo Auction
Cor Deo Community,
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step 千里之行，始於足下” Tao Te Ching
This year’s auction is “Adventure Awaits” a spectacular event of whimsical travel and exploration! It is the grandest event of the whole year and WE WANT YOU—and EVERYONE you know, love, once met, might know, once knew, kind of knew—TO COME! Join us MARCH 28, 2020, at 5:00 in the evening, for a spectacular evening celebrating and supporting our school as the adventure unfolds! You don’t want to miss this!!
If you haven’t attended an auction, we encourage you to make this your first of many! Why come to an auction you say? We already pay tuition. True, we do! Our families commit an enormous amount of money to tuition costs. We are not a wealthy school. Most of our families strive, struggle, and live humbly in order to support their desires to have their children attend Cor Deo. We applaud your adventurous soul! And yet, there are still needs—a multitude of needs!
Our auction helps sustain the mission of our classical school. Our auction helps augment teacher salaries, assists with classroom and facility needs, and provides valuable scholarships to worthy students! Imagine our school without one of your favorite teachers. They are the core that keeps us growing, thriving, learning, and evolving into something even better! Imagine your child’s class without their most treasured friend or worse, an entire family not at Cor Deo. Imagine needs in classrooms gone unmet. Funds raised through the auction meet needs that are not covered by tuition.
Our auction benefits our families. Our fundraising keeps tuition low. It allows us to invest in FUN items and experiences, often in a tax-advantaged way. Many of the auction items are things you would buy anyway . . . gifts, date nights, birthday parties, get-aways, vacations, salon & spa services, theater tickets, sporting events, books, movies, and photography sessions to name a few! Some items go for far less than their value and some way above their monetary value. There is something for everyone! You do not have to feel as though you have to spend money to join us for this event! The silent auction is silent—no one is tracking your spending. The live auction is more public as it’s raising the paddle but there are many guests who do not participate in the live auction. Don’t let an inability to spend cause you to hesitate and not attend! We value your presence alone! Some of the silent auction items go for $25, others in the thousands. There is something for everyone! We have some new surprises up our sleeves for this year’s auction that really put some great items out there that are cost conscious!
Our auction is a chance for community. It’s a rare event for all the parents, teachers, grandparents, administrators, and leaders to all be in one place at the same time! Don’t miss this opportunity to GET out and mingle with the COR DEO FAMILY! Our presence as parents at the auction shows our commitment to our children’s education and our passion in moving The Cor Deo School forward!
How can you can be involved?
- Save the Date and join us on March 28, 2020. We would love to see every Cor Deo parent, staff member, and teacher in attendance. You are a valued member of our community! It wouldn’t be the same without you.
- Tickets will go on sale January 10. The first 50 tickets SOLD will be $50, the remaining tickets will be $75.
- Commit to bring four guests from outside of the school; the more outside involvement the greater the potential money raised. This is the big way to expand our giving, and thus we are making a change this year. For every $75 ticket bought you will be given a free ticket! That’s right—FREE! However, there’s a catch. You have to invite a guest that is not in our community and is not a relative! The goal is to bring someone who will invest in the school or is a potential future Cor Deo family. Be deliberate in your invitation!
- Buy a table for $650 and fill it with 10 guests! Buy a teacher a ticket when you buy your own!
- Help us meet our $200,000 goal by strategically planning your vacations, dates, birthday parties, and extra spending! We will make it worth your while and have some spectacular bidding options.
- Invite grandparents and other family members.
- If you are able to give generously, please do! Help us reach the ends of the earth in what we can do at Cor Deo! We need and value your financial commitment.
- Donate an auction item, an experience, an opportunity . . . if you give lessons, own a business, are a photographer, have a talent . . . we can use anything and even combine it with other items to make a BIG BID! We received some great items last year! We need anything related to travel—cabin, lake house, rental cars, Disneyland tickets!
- If you own a company or work for one who can donate or sponsor, please let us know! We can work with you to approach them.
- Rally your classes and get every parent there!
- Invite prospective families. If you know someone debating on schools, invite them to come!
- Invite homeschool families and other classically educating families to join us. It can be encouraging to be around families educating in the same way, regardless of location!
- Volunteer the day of the event and in the weeks leading up to the event. WE NEED YOU!
A note about dress: Come as your favorite adventurer, time-traveler, literary giant, or famous explorer—Amelia Earhart, Indiana Jones, vintage traveler, or show off another country’s cultural style! Dress it up, dress it down, anything goes. For ideas check out our Cor Deo Facebook group.
Can’t wait to see you there, to celebrate Cor Deo, and to continue to move us onward and upward! “Some journeys take us far from home and some lead us to our destiny!” (CS Lewis) We are so thankful each and every one of you is part of our children’s destiny!
Your Cor Deo Auction Chairs,
If you would like to donate an item for our auction, please email us.