The Cor Deo Uniform
Our development of a uniform policy is driven by a desire to create and promote an environment of learning where dress is not a distraction. Students are expected to be in uniform while on campus unless otherwise communicated by your child’s teacher. The Administration Team is responsible for the interpretation of the policy, and the enforcement of the policy is a joint effort between parents and staff. Below are some principles that guide our Uniform Policy:
- Our goal is to honor God in all we do.
- All our choices, including our clothing, reveal and communicate a part of who we are. It is our desire to utilize our Uniform Policy to ensure modest, appropriate dress that creates an optimal atmosphere for learning and reflects our love for God.
- Clothing represents the vocational calling of a person, and the neat appearance created by a uniform reminds our students they are in a ready-to-learn atmosphere.
- Uniforms help engender a cohesive presentation of the students in our school.
- When our students are in uniform it communicates, aesthetically, that they are part of the same team, working toward the same goals. The student is part of a group identity that strives for excellence, and the policy establishes a tradition toward that end.
The Cor Deo School is a partner with Lands’ End School Uniforms. A percentage of each uniform purchase supports our school. Lands’ End items are guaranteed whether they have been washed, worn, or embroidered and can be returned at any time if you are not satisfied with the product.
Uniform items can be purchased online through their website (landsend.com, preferred school number 900181470). Lands’ End has frequent “free logo,” 30%, 40%, and 50% off sales, which the school will publish on its Facebook page and in the school eNews as they arise.